MPES is a pre-doctoral training grant that promotes training for rigorous and relevant research in education. We are currently recruiting eligible graduate students for the program.
To be eligible, a graduate student must be:
- Currently a first-year Ph.D. student in one of the following programs at Northwestern University: Human Development & Social Policy, Learning Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics or a second-year Ph.D. student in Economics.
- Committed to writing a dissertation on an education-related topic
- a United States citizen
To apply, please submit the following (due April 3rd, 2017 by 6:00 PM):
- a 1-2 page memo describing your research interest in education
- C.V. or resume custom essay, including GRE scores, your citizenship, and any awards received
- one letter of reference from a faculty member in your Ph.D. program that speaks to your academic promise and the centrality of education to your research interests
The Department of Education is committed to producing scholars who are prepared to contribute to their mission of establishing an evidence-based approach to understanding and improving American education. Thus, MPES fellows are selected primarily considering the candidate’s commitment to writing a dissertation on an education-related topic.
Applications should be submitted electronically to Prof. Diane Schanzenbach at email@example.com. (Letters of recommendation may be emailed separately from faculty members to Prof. Schanzenbach. )